February 22, 2014
We really wanted to go out sailing again today. However, we decided to stay on dock and get some more work done. We truly need to get “Pablo” up to Santa Cruz. The stress of the distance is wearing on us both physically and emotionally. There are things that need to be completed before we can take the journey home.
Steve installed the new VHF with AIS, I inventoried the first aid kit. Steve reconnected all the Mast wiring only to discover that the Nav lights on the mast are not working. UGH! We made a hit list of all the things that have to be done to move the boat. We will spend our time working on those items and those items alone. Everything else, including sailing, can wait until we get her to Santa Cruz.
things still to be done before the move:
- 12 volt outlet working (to charge iPad for nav program)
- repair masthead nav lights
- replace running lights with LED
- install jack lines
- do something about disintegrating dodger
- check auto pilot
- repair and re-install whale gusher 25
- connect router (for GPS)
- make room in the lockers for crew
- clean out cockpit lazzerette